UpStart empowers leaders to dream, build, and grow bold initiatives that enhance the vitality of Jewish Life.
UpStart was founded fifteen years ago with a sole focus: to accelerate the success of social entrepreneurs fueling a renaissance in Jewish life. Since then, we have invested in 132 ventures and their leaders, while cultivating an ecosystem of institutional leaders and funders committed to Jewish community change. We are excited to be actively implementing a new strategic plan that will put social entrepreneurs at the center of everything we do. Our vision is that Jewish communities will be thriving hubs of innovation, building a more just, vibrant, and inclusive future.
View Open Positions
What’s it like to work at UpStart?
Hear it straight from our UpStart team!
Learn about our benefits and culture.
In addition to a competitive salary, UpStart currently offers the following benefits:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave with no waiting period.
- FSA and Commuter Benefit accounts.
- Employer sponsored 401K with employer match.
- Flexible discretionary paid time off.
- Annual $1,500 professional development stipend.
- Annual $250 wellness stipend.
- $300 office setup stipend and provided Mac.
- Monthly $50 cell phone stipend.
- Meeting-Free Fridays.
- 3:00pm local close-of-business on Fridays.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to secular US holidays.
- A one-month paid sabbatical per every five years of employment.
- A great remote-first work culture! Check out our culture deck, here.